Fri, Mar 10|
Kaleidoscope Festival Coordinator
Unique Job Opportunity
When and where?
Mar 10, 2023, 2:00 p.m. – Mar 31, 2023, 2:00 p.m.
About the event
Kimberley Kaleidoscope Arts & Culture Festival is seeking an Enthusiastic Festival Coordinatorlooking to apply passion and experience towards a position with Kimberley Arts Council – Centre 64 society
Kimberley Arts Council is dedicated to enhancing Kimberley’s cultural scene and making arts inviting and accessible for all. Centre 64 is Kimberley, BC’s arts and cultural centre.
Kimberley Kaleidoscope Arts & Culture Festival is a 5-day arts & culture festival that provides a series of visual, performing, and literary arts events that link the August First Saturday community arts, culture and heritage celebration, creating an 5-day arts and culture festival.
Area residents and visitors get the chance to see and/or participate in performances, exhibitions, demonstrations, and workshops in a variety of artistic events and activities.
Local, regional, and touring artists get the chance to showcase their work, to receive performance or instruction fess, or to sell their artworks.
- Report to: Kimberley Kaleidoscope committee chair
- Work with: Kimberley Kaleidoscope event organizers
- Supported by: Kimberley arts Council-Centre 64 staff
- Workers supervised: May be required to supervise volunteers
- Recruit and maintain database of volunteers + train and support
- Create a marketing/P.R. strategy to promote festival
- Prepare an agenda for, and attend all committee meetings
- Complete updates/reports as required
- Meet deadlines, and work independently with minimal supervision
- Keep accurate and up to date budget for the festival & manage financials
- Coordinate all aspects of organization, marketing/P.R. & execution for all festival days
- Assist event organizers in execution/organization details for each of the festival events
- Liaison with social media, newspapers, print and web design staff to effectively market and promote festival details
- Maintain a strong online presence for the festival to publicize events and encourage attendance
- Troubleshoot any issues or problems during the festival
- Plan, coordinate and promote local activities, performances, workshops, entertainment, markets, and local business partnerships
Skills & Qualifications
- Able to maintain accurate, timely, and complete documentation
- Must be physically fit & willing and able to lift large and heavy equipment
- Be resourceful, creative, level-headed, and able to work under pressure
- Demonstrate initiative and follow through
- Team player with positive “can do” attitude
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including interpersonal interactions
- Must be available from Aug 16-20th for all festival days and oversee all events
- Minimum 2 years event coordination experience or equivalent
- Flexible and adaptable to change
This is a contract position. The position length will be approximately 5 months April 15-September 15th. Position hours will be varied & dependent upon tasks and deadlines. Total contract is $4500
How to apply
To apply for this position, please forward your cover letter and resume along with references by March 31st 2023, to email@example.com